All Discussions Tagged 'studies' (40)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Looking for international Skype partners

As a whole school, we are studying various parts of the globe in Social Studies for the next two months. Each grade has a different contine…

Started by Bernadette Roche

1 Apr 3, 2010
Reply by Andy Birch

Does the 2.0 Classroom Improve Students' Engagement in Learning?

Does anyone have any evidence that the 2.0 classroom improves the level of engagement in learning? I have heaps of anecdotal evidence and s…

Started by Ian Dickinson

24 Dec 6, 2009
Reply by Eileen Doherty

Podcasts and education-related case studies

I thought you might be interested in the podcasts at http://www.harrisburgu.net/leef2009/podcast/podcast.xml. There is some really interest…

Started by Andy Petroski

0 May 15, 2009

Rethinking Current Events With Newsvine

If there is one thing students and teachers despise it's clutter. One way teachers create clutter is asking students to print out a curren…

Started by Andrew Marcinek

0 Apr 14, 2009

The President's Scrapbook - A WebQuest for elementary students

A few years back I took an online course to learn about webquests, and made one for 2nd graders based on a project I'd done with 2nd grader…

Started by Anne Pemberton

0 Mar 28, 2009

Elementary Video Collaboration Project Question/Idea

Greetings to all: I am a technology resource teacher in Virginia and am interested in a collaboration video with some schools in internatio…

Started by Brian

32 Mar 3, 2009
Reply by Peggy Sheehy

Global Studies partners

Hi All, I am working with my colleague Jeff MacFarland to set up a Ning for Global Studies discussions to begin in the spring semester. The…

Started by Joyce Valenza

1 Mar 3, 2009
Reply by Peggy Sheehy

Ever Hear of Remix America?

I was just introduced to Remix America and wrote a post called Remix America – A Great Tool for Black History Month Lessons. Remix America…

Started by Lisa Nielsen

1 Feb 13, 2009
Reply by Erika Johansson

Confucianism: still relevant in today's world?

I'd love to know what educators think about confucianism. Are the teachings and laws that sprung from them in various Aisian communities st…

Started by Margaret Shepherd

0 Jan 27, 2009

Research?

I have been asked to present to the school board concerning my use of wikis and blogs with my students. I have my "educator" reasons for us…

Started by Janine

4 Jan 13, 2009
Reply by Janine

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service