This Classroom 2.0: The Book chapter can be downloaded HERE.
Please give this a read and help me get published. It has been a wonderful opportunity being part of Classroom 2.0's Book Project.
By considering the responsibilities we share online and in the creation, remixing and sharing of our
work and in all aspects of our use of online media we can lay the foundations and understandings
for our students and communities for greater safety and more advanced learning outcomes. I will
offer a discussion of these concepts, with real world examples and references to the work of others
before sharing an example of how social learning and integration has been managed in one of my
classrooms through the execution of project based learning before finally offering a free, online
Responsible Usage Agreement Teacher Assistant for you to use or adapt for your own use. This
will highlight the issues relevant to embarking on a platform for any school interested in embarking
on an integration program geared towards engendering 21st century skills and responsible digital
Specifc learning objectives:
International Society for Technology in Education’s National Education
• Digital Citizenship
• Students understand human, cultural, and societal issues related to technology and practice legal
and ethical behavior.
• Advocate and practice safe, legal, and responsible use of information and technology
• Exhibit a positive attitude toward using technology that supports collaboration, learning, and
• Demonstrate personal responsibility for lifelong learning
• Exhibit leadership for digital citizenship