We are very pleased to announce the worldwide 2012 Social Learning Summit, a one-day virtual conference being held as a partnership of Classroom 2.0
and the Discovery Educator Network
, on Saturday, April 21st, 2012, from 9:00am - 3:00pm US Eastern Time. This is a free event, with a focus on inclusion and participation. All sessions will be publicly available to attend through the online Blackboard Collaborate platform, and every session will be recorded and made available immediately following the conference.
The conference theme is the use of social media and Web 2.0 in teaching and learning, and the conference URL is http://www.SocialLearningSummit.com
. To be kept informed of the latest conference news and updates, please make sure you are a member (free) here at Classroom 2.0
. This will also allow you to correspond with the presenters and other members, and to comment on sessions and discussions.
- The call for presentations closed on April 7th, 2012. Thank you!
- Presentations proposals that have been submitted and which are still pending can be seen HERE.
- Accepted proposals can be seen HERE (if your session has been accepted but you didn't receive an email with additional instructions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Summit schedule, which you view based on your time zone, as well as instructions for participating, are HERE.
- The volunteer group and information on volunteering are HERE.
- The presenter group with final presenter information is HERE.
- The training page (only presenters and volunteers need training) is HERE.
- Publicity and promotional logos can be found HERE.
- The recordings will be posted within a few hours of the Summit HERE.
Sessions will be 30 minutes in length, and can focus on practical classroom application or pedagogical frameworks or both. All sessions will be held in Blackboard Collaborate (previously Elluminate), and training sessions for presenters and volunteer moderators will be available both "live" and in recorded form HERE
. Participants will need no special training to attend sessions.
Please let others know about the conference! Artwork / logos are HERE
. We particularly encourage those who are interested in this topic to consider submitting a chapter (or chapters!) to the 5th-anniversary Classroom 2.0 book project.
See you online!