Thank you for your interest in presenting at the worldwide 2012 Social Learning Summit! This one-day virtual conference is being held through a partnership of Classroom 2.0 and the Discovery Educator Network on Saturday, April 21st, 2012.
Please read this page carefully.
Sessions will be 30 minutes in length, and should include 5 - 10 minutes of Q&A. You can focus on practical classroom application or pedagogical frameworks or both. Please do not submit a session if your are a vendor or a vendor representative. While presentation proposals will be accepted immediately and through April 7th, session acceptances will start to be issued on March 26th, at which time accepted presenters will be given a chance to use a scheduling calendar to pick an available time to present. You may submit more than one session, but priority will be given to providing as many presenters the chance to present as possible before accepting additional sessions from a one presenter.
Your presentation proposal, once submitted, will be listed on this website, with the opportunity for members of this network to view, comment on, and/or "like" your presentation proposal. This will give you and the other members of this site the chance to share ideas and to make connections before, during and after the conference. Additionally it will allow us to gauge the popularity of your topic or approach. It is our intention that all serious proposals be given the opportunity to be presented.
All sessions will be held in Blackboard Collaborate (previously Elluminate/Wimba). Presenters will be responsible for being familiar enough with the program to present. There is very good recorded training we will send you, as well as providing a number of live training sessions where you can ask questions (make sure you join the presenter group as indicated below to receive notices of the training). To practice you can also sign up for the free trial version of Collaborate HERE. Please note that all sessions will be recorded and released under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License (for more information, see http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/). By submitting to present you are agreeing to these terms.
Presentation Submission Instructions:
You must be signed up on this site and logged in to submit your proposal. Please follow these instructions carefully. You may want to print them out to do so. It is your responsibility to make sure your proposal is submitted correctly.
1. VERY IMPORTANT: Join the conference presenters group to receive general emails for those who have submitted proposals.
2. Copy the following text (highlight and ctrl-c on your computer):
Your Name and Title:
School, Library, or Organization Name:
Area of the World from Which You Will Present:
Language in Which You Will Present:
Short Session Description (one line):
Full Session Description (as long as you would like):
Websites / URLs Associated with Your Session:
3. Click here to open a new forum discussion post.
4. Title your discussion post with the title of your proposed session.
5. Copy the template text (ctrl-v) into the body of the forum discussion post. (If you "bold" the question titles your proposal will be easier to read.)
6. Fill in the session information according to the template.
7. In the "Category" drop-down field, choose "2012 Social Learning Summit Proposals"
8. In the tags field, please add "2012SLS" and then place keywords to indicate technology, subject, grade level, and the like. Separate tags with commas and put multiple-word tags in quotes. For example: 2012SLS, blogging, history, "middle school".
9. Click the "Save" button. Your proposal has been submitted.