All Discussions Tagged 'laptops' (21)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

1:1 Districts and Schools - PLEASE READ!

Hello, Next year my district will be implementing a 4-year rollout of 1:1 at the secondary level with netbooks.  We are at the research/gat…

Started by diannekrause

0 Dec 16, 2011

Anyone using Virtual Desktops in a 1:1 Environment?

We're planning for a 1:1 program and a vendor has suggested using a Virtual Desktop solution in a BYOD environment. I'm skeptical for sever…

Started by Cat White

0 Sep 19, 2011

What do US colleagues think of this NY times article?

Hello colleagues! I'm in Australia where there has been a heated debate on using laptops in Public schools and how that can impact learning…

Started by Vivian Mat

0 Sep 9, 2011

PCs vs Macs in 1:1 programs

Pitched the 1:1 to administration on Tuesday.  Went well (Hooray).  I detected “device obsession” in the air.  “We can’t tell students they…

Started by Cat White

14 Mar 31, 2011
Reply by Cat White

Need elementary Netbook input!

I would appreciate any tips/resources/experiences/recommendations for a purchase of a mobile cart of netbooks. This would be the first of i…

Started by Brad Wilson

2 Sep 23, 2010
Reply by Brad Wilson

How do you the handle risks associated with protable technologies

In light of some incidents I've heard about, I'm wondering how people/schools address risks associated with portable technologies. Check ou…

Started by Chuck

0 Nov 20, 2009

Setting up Classroom for 2.0!

I've just been given $7000 from a private donor to set up tech in my class of approx 10 5th - 6th graders. So far, my wish list is: 1 docu…

Started by Melinda Pongrey

49 Oct 22, 2009
Reply by Shawn Storm

When every student in your school has a laptop: The 1:1 laptop initiative

I foresee a time when every student will carry a laptop/notebook/netbook to class (this is already the case in higher education and perhaps…

Started by Kevin Brockberg

4 Sep 22, 2009
Reply by Kevin Brockberg

Projectors and Laptops

The projector I have is a few years old. I'm thinking maybe 2006 or older. We just got new laptops and they don't seem to be very compatibl…

Started by Vanessa Riley

2 Sep 15, 2009
Reply by Jonathan Wylie

Supporting a 1:1 - Technical Staff & PD Support

The purpose of my contact is to ask you for some help as we plan our 1:1 initiative. Our school district is in the first year of our 1:1. W…

Started by Bill Brennan

3 Sep 9, 2009
Reply by AdrianG

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service