News or Noteworthy (824)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Classroom negotiations...

On September 11, 1776, representatives of the Colonists and the British met in Staten Island, NY to discuss how they could avoid fighting t…

Started by Joel Heffner

3 Sep 11, 2007
Reply by Joel Heffner

Is it too early to talk about Web 3.0 ?

Just when schools get comfortable with the terms and conditions of web 2.0 Google and the like start talking about what web 3.0 will involv…

Started by Rich White

13 Sep 5, 2007
Reply by Rich White

Assessment Resource

Dan Meyer's blog has been mentioned here before for it's humor, creativity and new way of presenting traditional classroom practices. His l…

Started by KarenJanowski

0 Sep 1, 2007

Latest developments in Computing Science related to classroom teaching

I propose to collect information on latest developments in Computing Science from sites such as "The Journal of Computing Sciences in Colle…

Started by M. SESHAGIRI

0 Aug 28, 2007

New "Ning in Education" Network Starting

In the months since I started Classroom 2.0, I have come to appreciate social networking as a tool for education. Our Classroom 2.0 network…

Started by Steve Hargadon

2 Aug 24, 2007
Reply by ddeubel

Close As I Came to Fame!

Was reading the Wall Street Journal and an article called Checking the Kid's Homework Over the Internet caught my eye. Steve Hargadon, the…

Started by Nancy Bosch

0 Aug 23, 2007

NSBA Report: Schools Should Explore Social Networking

From http://tech.blorge.com/Structure:%20/2007/08/07/schoolboards-net-dangers-over-rated-bring-social-networks-to-school/: Interesting sta…

Started by Steve Hargadon

9 Aug 15, 2007
Reply by Steve Hargadon

The Economist: Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook

There's an interesting article in The Economist (July 21, 2007) called "Face value, Book value: Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook is being touted…

Started by Connie Weber

0 Aug 12, 2007

college presidents opt out of US News and World Report rankings

Hello All, The Education Conservancy sent this letter to college presidents, and has gotten more than 60 affirmative replies: "Dear Colle…

Started by Connie Weber

1 Aug 11, 2007
Reply by Mathew Needleman

UN uses Wikis

Hello all. Probably some of you already know this, but I just got back from Europe and in the International edition of Newsweek (August 6th…

Started by Ed McGovern

2 Aug 11, 2007
Reply by Connie Weber

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service