I am going to a new school this year. I'm not sure what technology they currently have. I asked if they had an Elmo (digital camera) and they said that they didn't have one yet. I do have two computers in my room. The principal did mention that they have Video streaming. I've heard about it but I haven't used that yet. Does anyone have video streaming and how do you incorporate it into the curriculum? Any informaton about how you use it would be real useful. Do you have to use certain equipment to use it in the classroom?

Views: 50

Replies to This Discussion

I have used video streaming with powerpoints, promethean lessons and just as a stand alone mainly for science like the magic schoolbus series but some with math concepts too.
So is video streaming ran through your computer? Would you need a LCD projector to show things?
Yes it runs through your computer to the projector.
This may be a silly suggestion, but have you heard of unitedstreaming.com? It's part of Discovery Education and they have videos for almost anything. We used it all the time in the class I was in last year.
I have also used www.unitedstreaming.com. They have SO many videos. They even have some videos of the stories from our basil.
What basal series do you use? I haven't really looked into anything yet with unitedstreaming because it is just something that it is going to be at my new school. I didn't have it available to me at my school last year. I wasn't sure where to look and I haven't been given any information on how I will be able to access anything from it. I did find out that we have to check out the LCD projector so it will be something that I will have to plan ahead to use.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service