Is anyone interested in doing some type of collaborative voicethread project with students at our school? I would like the project to be very simple for starters - one that doesn't require a whole lot of background knowlege building.

I started a voicethread project about "Your favorite tree." The idea is to have students take a picture of their favorite tree and then write a little reflection that will be used as narration. Let me know if you might be interested in this or if you want to work on some other type of simple project in voicethread:

Here is the "Favorite Tree" voicethread that I started:
http://voicethread.com/share/14490/

Tags: arts, collaboration, language, voicethread

Views: 53

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Matt, I also use voicethread as a Web 2.0 tool in the classroom - e.g. regarding webqests.
But I will ask my colleague: teacher in Biology if he like to team up with.
And what about exchanging vokis: introductions of students (hobbies and more)
Greetings
Hans
Hans-

Voki exchanges would be something we'd be interested...that is something I've never played around with, but it would work well for a simple and achievable exchange projects.

Keep me posted!

~Matt
Hi Matt-

We're just venturing into Voicethread for foreign lang. practice. I think I probably have teachers who would be interested in a collaborative project. How old are you students?

Sarah
Hey Sarah-

I work with students and teachers in grades 5-8...we have French and Spanish foreign language classes who may be interested in collaborating. The voicethread project that I put out there is simply a lang. arts project for anyone. Sometimes I hesitate to try to connect our teachers with these types of projects b/c in the past there has been a tendency to drop the ball (when it isn't their own project, sometimes the buy in isn't great).

Let me know what grade levels you have and if there is any possibility for an exchange.

Thanks, Sarah!

Matt
Matt-

Thanks for the quick response.

I work with everyone up to 8th grade. 5-8 is in one building. I won't be in tomorrow, but next week I can put some feelers out and see if anyone would be interested in collaborating.

Sarah
Hi guys
I am Jo from Perth Australia
I work with Primary children from 5- 12
I would love to do a voki or voicethread with your classes
Can you tell me if you have used the basic vioce thread or have you upgraded to the pro - educators site which you pay for -
Have a great day - great to see your tree - I loved it
Jo,
You can get a K-12 educator account for free that gives you most of the stuff the Pro account provides. You just have to make sure you activate the account when they send you the email. I'm just getting started with Voicethread this schoolyear with my students in grade 7 who are ages 11-13.
Kathy
That is a great idea Matt! What grade level were you thinking and be concise!

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service