Using Web 2.0 tools in the classroom is very important. Which one do you use most and what can you recommend to the group?

Tags: 2.0, Web

Views: 161

Replies to This Discussion

More than anything else, I use my aggregator (right now Google Reader) to stay current. Everything flows through that; it's where Iearn about new tools to help me become more productive, ideas that push me and pull me in several directions, and where I learn about where to connect to people that I will need to make me better at what I love to do, which is teach!

Del.icio.us and Notebook would be in the discussion as well.
I have also just settled on Google Reader and plan to get a little more systematic about reading blog updates :-) I am also loving Google Notebook as a Firefox extension that helps me easily take notes, images etc from websites.
Hi Claude,
many thanks to your comment!
Personally I use wikispaces of course. Very helpfull. As to a LMS or CMS platform we are using Fronter. Keep in touch, let me know and participate in your knowledge.
Cheers
Hans
Hi,
My favorite Web 2.0 tools are:

Delicious - love being able to annotate web sites and reach them from any computer in the world

Google Sites - great quick way to build a collaborative web site quickly.

iGoogle Home Page - I've been using it to aggregate all the resources I read and use. Because it is also my browser home page, it's easy to scan the latest headlines and decide what to read. It keeps everything important right in my face! LOL!

K12HSN-EdZone - a new online community with a suite of collaborative tools. Just for K12 California educators.

Ning Network - I belong to five different groups that are niche interests of mine. Most times I just read and lurk, sometimes I post.

-Alix
I think Del.icio.us is a wonderful tool in the classroom. You ask your students to sign into Del.icio.us and then create links in the feed 'bookmarks' you want them to use for a research in the Internet. This saves a lot of time and is practical, too, because each student can have access to this site from any computer.
What do you think?
I love this idea. I'm actually planning on using this as part of a homework task for a media unit my English class will be doing later this year. I like that they can help build a network of shared bookmarks too.
I like my social bookmarking system. And now I can't imagine, how I managed without mister-wong the time before I have discover it. And so I used a tag in my mister-wong to collect links for a course with teacherstudents and teachers, but it didn't work well, because social bookmarking is not very known yet in Germany's education system. Most of them even didn't want to try and experience the gain of this media. But if you just tell it, nobody understands. I find it not easy to persuade people to learn new things, which are known just by doing them, if they don't want to.
I use VoiceThread very often and it's really useful to help my students speak English . Thanks to this tool, they can see a picture, describe it and record themselves at the same time. The pictures chosen are related to a topic studied in class so they can describe them by using the vocabulary we have already learnt. Then they can listen to their production and correct their "speaking" mistakes. If they are not satisfied with their work, they can improve it as many times as they want. They love this way of working!
Wow, this is a great tool and is saving me tons of money because now I don't have to invest into any recording devices. It starts added up. I can see some great projects using this tool.
I was trying to figure out how to get kids to read out-load to hear themselves. What a great tool for having kids work on their verbal skills.
The even nicer feature is that children can hear other children and get a very basic "conversation" going using the vocabulary targeted.
Hola Mauriel! What grades do you work with and use this tool?
Ginny
I use Nicenet.org A LOT! It combines a place to create hotlists of web links, a discussion board, and a place to upload assignments. All for free (and no annoying ads!). Not sure if that really counts as Web 2.0 or not, but it's a great resource

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service