My school district is allowing the principals in each school to decide if the speech will be shown to students. I think (maybe) each teacher will decide.

Tags: president, schools, speech

Views: 359

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think you should give a new president at least 2 1/2 years before you openly despise him. :-)
I am shocked that in a country that espouses democratic principles that some individuals believe that the President's address to future civil participants in unethical or out of the bounds of his abilities. I wonder if some of those same people favor The Patriot Act. We had a teacher in-service today, but we had issues in school on the day of the inauguration and I wonder how many parents would have called to complain had their students viewed President Obama's address.
Tough day to hold this event. . .first day of school for us. The IT department made sure that the broadcast was available in the districts, but it was the building principals call as to whether or not teachers woud show it in their rooms. Plan B provided for DVDs of the speech to be distributed within two days. This option will give teachers a chance to preview the speech and then lead a purposeful discussion about it.

The video of the NATIONAL ADDRESS TO AMERICA'S SCHOOLCHILDREN is also available on the "classroom friendly" Whitehouse media website.
Check out student writings inspired by several music videos along with President Obama's speech.

Follow link below for more details...

My Education, My Future

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service