In about two weeks, I will have to take a week off of school. It is the week right before our state writing test, too. YIKES!

I need some ideas on how to teach when I'm not actually there. I can leave sub plans that will be passed out, completed, and turned in without any thought or concern to the quality. I can have students work out of the test prep book. Neither one is really appealing.

I cannot Skype due to bandwidth and equipment issues. Nor can I Twitter to them due to the filter.

Does anyone have any other ideas? I can come up with the lesson, just not how to teach it.

Views: 124

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I tried to create a DVD for my students when I had to take a day off. It worked out very well! The students loved it! But, it took forever to create. I spent a lot of time editing.
Voicethreads can be used... It is not immediate but the kids can post questions and you can answer them even using video, or just voice or written... You could put pictures of the actual book pages and comment and show exactly what you want on a video you add on the comments section... I have used for the subs and it worked out ok...

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service