Here is where I am starting. I attended a conference where the feature speaker talked about this whole thing and so did others. I found that the idea was intersting and want to start using it but don't kow where to go. Most of our teachers don't use what they already have as they are not savy with computers. Also some of the thinking that "I have always done it this way why change? So my work is cut out for me however the administrator is willing. Comments are welcome as haow to make changes.

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome, you'll learned a lot from a bunch of very creative teachers.
Hi Deanna,

I'm a little confused as to what you are looking for.

Are you just beginning to look at how Web 2.0 technologies can be used for educational purposes? If so, Classroom 2.0 is a great place to start. I would also recommend that you dive into the world first, understand it, then try to apply it to educational contexts.

There are so many things about there to do, where do you start? I put together a short video (sorry about the audio quality) about some of the Web 2.0 technologies that I use and why I use them. I'll embed it below.

Dan

Dan
Dan - I am very impressed with your video, it summarized very well, what I have been looking for over the past 3-4 weeks. I really appreciate your efforts on it. Would you mind if I shared it with my administrators?
Thanks again - Harold
Share away! :)
Where is your video housed? I'd like to save it for future use. Thanks
Hi Nancy,

It's really strange that the "Go to Google Video" button doesn't work in the player.

Here is the URL - http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6090784753996944302&hl=en

Dan
Deanna,
Like everyone says, this ning group is a great place to start.

You seem to be talking about getting other teachers to use the tools - is that your job or are you a teacher? Share a little more about your circumstances and I think you will get answers that will be more specifically what you need.
I'm the librarian and want to show teacher how the Web 2.0 can help them reach their students better. This really effects the junior high students. We are a small district k-8 and low budget. I'm not sure what I'm asking for but just want to hear how you are using the tools in classrooms. Also how you are using blogging etc. I have not tried any of these tools before and am in the find out what I can mode, kind of like #5; "input, need input"
You might be interested in reading some blogs by librarians who are embracing web 2.0.

Check out Doug Johson (Blue Skunk Blog) and Jenny Levine (The Shifted Librarian).
Thanks that's a great idea.
Here are some of the library blogs I have on my Blogline account, you might be interested if you are just starting to read. (blogs) The Cybils are in the middle of their "awards" season where they have a contest for the best books in different categories each year.

Fuse #8 Production
Cybils
Joyce Valenza
Jen Robinson
Do you have a blog? Blogs are a wonderful way to network too.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service