Introducing myself and calling for commentors on student voicethread projects.

Hi this is my first post here. I teach grade6 math and science in rural New Brunswick, Canada. My classes use technology on a regular basis. I experimented with http://classblogmeister.com/blog.php?blogger_id=84725">blogging near the end of last year, I have a class wiki , and had 40 students participate in the Canada Wide Virtual Science Fair last year.( My students projects) I have used PASCO probes in different data collection activities. My Grade 8 science classes have been producing science safety videos using Ultra 2.0 and Movie Maker2 and will soon be uploading them to teachertube. I'm a member of delicious. id: fletcher3836, started a custom search engine with google = Mr. Fletcher's Custom Search engine. My grade 6 students are producing voicethreads on animal adaptations and we'd love it if teachers or classes would would comment on their productions.

Tags: Web2.0, education, math, pasco, science, videoproduction, voicethread

Views: 70

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow! You're a busy guy--your students are lucky to have an involved and integrated teacher! My students, grades 5-8 in a charter school in KS would be happy to comment on your classes' voice threads. We've been experimenting a bit ourselves, but due to district blocks, were having some toubles. Now those issues are resolved, it's time to get back to it!

We're Turning Point Learning Center and you should be hearing from us soon!

(welcome to CR2.0!)
Shawn
excellent work on the voicethread productions. i too have run into some system issues with using VT in school but hopefully will have it worked out by the end of NOV. I am a 6th grade mathematics teacher in MA and when up and running with VT I would be happy to have my students comment on you classes work.
Shaun,

Went to you voicethread site, and thoroughly enjoyed them, They are now linked to my Animals webpage at http://www.educationalsynthesis.org/mrsp/science/Biology/Animals

They are very similar in function to the podcasts The Maze is doing for her students.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service