I've just finished composing a resource that might be useful to you: Web 2.0 Tutorial for Educators. I wanted to create a place where everyday teachers could go to discover more about some of the popular Web 2.0 tools being used in education. Many teachers hear a lot of these buzz words but don't know where to start as far as their own classroom implementation goes.

The wiki I've created provides definitions for blogs, social bookmarks, RSS feeds and wikis. It also discusses educational benefits, classroom applications, concerns and solutions, real-world examples from teachers and tutorials to help teachers begin using these technologies. I also included some helpful videos.

I invite everyone to contribute to this resource. I'd like to see it grow and become a collaborative project. I hope you find this wiki useful as part of your school's technology professional development program.

Web 2.0 Tutorial for Educators

Tags: blogging, bookmarking, pd, rss, wikis

Views: 1075

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What a great idea, thank you
This is a great site for begining Web 2.0 teachers. I have been looking for something like this to share with some of my fellow teacher I meet with once a week to learn more about using technology in the classroom. Thanks for all of your work on this.
Nellie Deutsch has been giving WiZiQ public classes on Web 2.0 Apps for a while now.

Great Ideas,

Your readers should try Glogster EDU. An exciting Web 2.0 resource that allows users to create innovative and creative digital posters with photos, videos, text, audio, and etc. Check it out www.glogster.com/edu.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service