I have noticed a trend, probably because You Tube makes it easy to do, of adding commercials into keynotes, staff developments, presentations, etc.

For instance, I have added Apple's classic "Think Different" commercial in a variety of trainigns over the years.

Recently, my Superintendent added an ad into a presentation to administrators about constructing an airplane in flight.

I have also seen the famous "Elevator" comercial used in several presentations, even though I had never seen it until Kevin Honeycutt showed it to me.

So the discussion here is:

What commercials have you seen added to presentations about technology/Web 2.0/ 21st Century skills?

(Bonus: provide a link to the ad)

Discuss.

Tags: 2.0, 21st, Century, commercials, developments, keynotes, professional, skills, web

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not to be a wet blanket, but doesn't this violate copyright? I got an email just today with a bunch of Glasbergen cartoons in it---same thought popped into my head. Hmmm? N.
Of course it does...or maybe not..
However, it is being done, at least in these here neck of the woods...

I think that the video clip of the medieval tech support is a famous one that is shown at schools all over the country...
I guess I've got copyright "hyper-sensitivity". Some one threatened to sue me early on in my NECC "presenter" days and it spooked me. I really try to teach my kiddos about the issues, so I try to be careful. BUT, everything is on YouTube--maybe the rules are changing. Later, N.
Hello to the both of you!

Here's an interesting tidbit of information, talking about copyright and copyleft. It's an important topic to be considering as we continue to work within the environment of the read/write web.

And here's one more too, from the NY Times, but you have to register (even tho it's free).

As for myself, I'm solidly on the CopyLeft issue. We live in a world where if we share it, it lives on and on and on, but if we hoarde it for profit, well, it seems to be fighting against the flow of the current intellectual trends.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service