Have a quote that resonates? Share it here!

Views: 696

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Youth instinctively understand the present environment -- the electric drama. It lives mythically and in depth." Marshall McLuhan.

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Goethe

And from a little book in my granny's powder room: "The greatest oak was once a little nut that held its ground."
Here's another quote that I find relevant to education.

"I don't want many things,
Just a chance to spread my wings.
I don't know what the future brings,
but I want to be there."

This is from the British progressive rock band, Threshold. Its in the middle of the song Phenomenon, on the album Critical Mass.
I think that this represents the dreams and hopes of our students towards their future.
In the end, we will conserve only what we love; we will love what we understand; we will understand only what we have been taught.
-Baba Dioum
Interesting discussion (I'm exploring c 2.0 tonight)--I recently posted a lot of teacher quotes on my blog (see on left side of My Page with the link)...too many to post here.
I've always loved "The more you say the less the better." Think about that one for a minute - might take a little pondering to truly appreciate it? The source? The old Talking Moose, from way back in the Mac days, of course. ;)

Just some fun for you on a cold Saturday evening. ;)

~Chris O'Neal
"I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world".- Mother Teresa
thank you Jocelyn Chappell... "There are three types of mathematicians, those who can count, and those who can't."
Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws - Douglas Adams
"All beginnings are hard...Especially a beginning that you make by yourself." Chaim Potok
Hey, Kevin. One of my favorite quotes from NECC was from you: "If you ask kids to do the right thing, 99 times out of 100, they will....Why are we zero tolerant with digital, when analog isn't that way?"

Your fan :),

karen
Before speaking, all words should pass through the following three gates: is it true? is it necessary? is it kind?

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service