I've had an idea that I think would work really well as a Web 2 collaborative project. The idea is that most children aged 8 -12 wil be doing the same basic types of science experiment in the classroom.

I think that it would be great to team up with other classes globally to repeat and replicate experiments to validate results. By doing this I think children would

1. Be excited by science
2. Have to write accurate methodologies that could be followed globally
3. Increase the data gathered to confirm findings
4. Engage with others globally.

I've set up a wiki at www.ks2experiments.wikispaces.com to outline the possible experiments that people might get involved in. I'm sure that teachers would get lots of great ideas too!

If you think it's a good idea then check it out and add your ideas. At the moment the list is by no means exhaustive but if people start to contribute I'll put down everything that we do here in my classroom.

Hope people get in this project,

Steve

Tags: collaboration, experiments, key, science, stage, two, wikis

Views: 39

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love this idea! I will be helping present some ideas for using web2.0 in the classroom next spring at a couple of conferences. I would love to be able to share your idea and hopefully include examples of collaboration between science classrooms. I will share your ning with my science teachers and see if any are interested in contacting you. Thank you, Sandra
Thanks very much. The more the merrier! I'm hoping to get this up and running in September so will be planning around end of August

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service