All Discussions Tagged 'social' (150)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Stanford University's Summer Teaching Institute 8/2010

(I just wanted to begin sharing with colleagues what went on at the conference.) Well, the Stanford Summer Teacher Institute was well worth…

Started by Denise Stewart

0 Aug 6, 2010

Leveraging YouTube for Science, Social Studies and other subjects

Here's a great article that lists some fantastic links to YouTube videos that can be used by teachers and parents to help make history and…

Started by Shuchi Grover

14 Aug 6, 2010
Reply by Denise Stewart

Changing URL From YOUTUBE So I Can Use It In Class??????

I am losing my mind here.  I have great clips from YOUTUBE, but my district won't allow me to access the site.  As teachers, we have petiti…

26 Jul 17, 2010
Reply by Janet Barnstable

How are you using social networks in your schools today? How would you like to be using them?

Is your use of social networking focused on learning or measuring? Recently I wrote an article called "Academic Social Networking: Big Brot…

Started by Len Rosen

9 May 27, 2010
Reply by Len Rosen

Mainstream Content Teachers With ELLs--How Can They Be Inspired To More Effectively Meet The Needs Of Their ELLs?

I just finished attending an inspiring Saturday workshop on meeting the needs of ELLs  in grades K-12 content classes (not ELD/ESL ones). …

3 May 24, 2010
Reply by Janine

Elgg 1.0 Coming Very Soon

I've been holding back on working with elgg for the past few months because the developers have been working on a vast overhaul of how it w…

Started by Steve O'Connor

28 May 20, 2010
Reply by Sam Moore

Social Network for Elementary School Students

Please share your advice on setting up a learning network for elementary school students.  i'd love to do a ning for elementary students, b…

Started by Lisa Nielsen

8 Apr 16, 2010
Reply by Katy Scott

Social Networking

So our school is in the midst of a social networking frenzy.  One of my colleagues found this article on Facebook, and I thought I would sh…

Started by Thomas Place

5 Apr 12, 2010
Reply by Kiwi Commons

Ning for Students

Has anyone tried using Ning with students as a social networking/writing space? I would be most interested in knowing how it went, if it ha…

Started by Kevin H.

89 Apr 9, 2010
Reply by Fred Austin

Looking for international Skype partners

As a whole school, we are studying various parts of the globe in Social Studies for the next two months. Each grade has a different contine…

Started by Bernadette Roche

1 Apr 3, 2010
Reply by Andy Birch

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service