Time: May 13, 2010 from 9:30am to 3pm
Location: Firbank Share Learning Centre
Street: 51 Outer Crescent
City/Town: Brighton, Victoria
Website or Map: http://www.firbank.vic.edu.au…
Phone: 03 9591 5111
Event Type: professional, development, for, teachers
Organized By: Firbank Sh@re Learning Centre
Latest Activity: Apr 27, 2010
Ready to blog? Ready to wiki? What’s a ning? Using personal web spaces (blogs) and collective and collaborative spaces (wikis) ... often made public ... engages your students’ personal understanding of their learning in ... potentially at least ... a “real world” context or a secure context within a your school’s intranet. But what about the teachers? Nings are “professional” networking spaces for educators … not only in your backyard … but with connections across the world … a community of learning! Blogs and Wikis can be used as individual websites, discussion groups, small and large group work collaborations, individual private spaces, peer reviews with feedback, group authoring, data collection, conventional presentations online ... the list can be endless! But publication also comes with a responsibility ... how well do your students appreciate that responsibility? How effective is your Acceptable Use Policy in regard to blogs and wikis and is it realistic?
- Explore and reflect critically on the use of blogs, wikis and nings in the classroom
- Learn-by-doing through creating a blog and a wiki
- Think about joining or creating your own Nings
- Develop a working understanding of blog and wiki etiquette for your classes
- Build strategies to integrate blogs and wikis use into your own teaching and your students’ learning and presentations
- Plan and start the creation of a simple blog or wiki activity as part of a learning sequence
- Discuss the pedagogical implications of developing blogs, wikis and nings
- Investigate wikispaces, Google Applications, nings and Zoho
- Access on-going teaching and learning support 24/7
Thursday 13 May 2010
Sh@re Learning Centre - Firbank Grammar School
9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
$198 including lunch and refreshments
All courses are Pdi accredited and hours completed contribute to Professional Learning hours for VIT registration.