Today I have so much work to get done so I will just give a list of things that I did today:
- Shadowed a female student and was very impressed with the classes she was taking. It ranged from jewerely design to treble choir to precalculus to advanced painting and drawing. I have seen two different math teachers and two different economic teachers. It is interesting to see the variety of teaching skills among the teachers
- I sat in and observed the second day of the writing workshop that my c.t is conducting with her 9th grade class. I think this program will help my writing as well.
- 12th grade went over some WISE information and we talked about the conference that was attended to last Friday. The rest of the books for Brave New World were handed out and I told students to bring in all necessary materials for their resume workshop tomorrow.
- Last period of the day I conversed with my C.T. and we talked about some nitty gritty stuff for the next month in each class. It is so wonderful to have a c.t. that is incredibly organized. It really makes me feel more comfortable working with her.
- Finally there was a meeting after school for all staff. It was about reading and writing interventions at the middle school and high school level. While it was very boring, there were some interesting facts, statistics, and interventions that the presentor covered.
That is a quick run down of my day...tomorrow I am teaching resume writing, and thursday will start my introduction to Brave New World.