I have a class where the students need to meet with the teacher periodically for one-on-one sessions. Using email has proven to be difficult in the past, as several students may be attempting to sign up for the same class, and the teacher may not be able to respond very quickly, or is bombarded by multiple requests. I am searching for an alternative, where the teacher can post the available times and then students can sign up for the open slots. Any ideas how I might accomplish this? Thanks.

Views: 17

Replies to This Discussion

One option, and this might not be a perfect solution, particularly with large classes, but using Meeting Wizard you could float a number of available times (up to 12). Students could indicate their availability for those times. You could then do the arranging of who would meet with you at a specific time.

http://www.meetingwizard.com/mwiz/home/default.cfm

It is a particularly good way to arrange times with students with very busy schedules.
Interesting! I will check this out and see if it might be the right option. Thank you!
I have also shared a Google Document with a class where I make a 'sign up' table... just like I would face to face. I provide the options and then the early people in have the most options... and the others choose from the remaining spots. It works pretty well and I don't have to track all those emails!

When trying to find a common timeslot for a number of people I really like www.doodle.com.
I knew I had heard of this before when you mentioned it this morning. The link above isn't quite right though, should be http://www.doodle.ch/main.html
FYI: At Jacob's request we added Doodle.ch to Embed the Web today. It isn't listed currently, but Haiku does accept its embed code.
I actually discovered that they aren't currently set-up to embed the actually polling widget yet...just allows you to embed the results. I have emailed them to be certain. Thanks again!

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service