I am so excited to be teaching with haiku again this semester. My students are not particularly tech-comfy... so I am starting slow in these first two weeks, having them figure out posting their picture, posting to an introduction discussion, downloading a reading and posting to a whole group informal discussion about what they read. Next week the big learning will be introducing groups.

I am just starting to really play around with embed the web. I did post a delicious tagroll for the class delicious account I am going to introduce in a week or so... and am thinking about using Meebo as well. I am curious what others have been trying/ thinking about as you explore the new possibilities with embed the web. What are you trying? How is it going?

Tags: embedtheweb

Views: 8

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not teaching a class right now, so I can't comment on how I am using, but from the Haiku logging I can see what are the most popular elements.

Currently, TeacherTube and JSKit Comments are by far the most popular.

TeacherTube, is a wonderful site, a sort of YouTube for educational video. The advantage is that the site is self-policing by other teachers...so if there is any questionable material uploaded, the community can help retire it.

JSKit Comments are wonderful because it allows you to provide a means for students to comment directly onto your Haiku page. Any item can become a subject for discussion as users can read and comment without leaving the page.

Its exciting to see how users are using this new feature, and I would love to hear more stories on what is possible.
We just added a new embeddable puzzle site in Embed the Web, which may be of interest to teachers who want to encourage daily use of their eclasses.

Boatload Puzzles has a daily password that is configurable with or without ads. Its fun, challenging, and can be one more hook for your students.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service