I am hoping to get a macbook in the near future. I have used both macs and pcs over the years, but I'm really impressed with ilife's features. My plan is to enlist parents to translate and record readings of the books I send home in Spanish, and I'll record them in English as a way to encourage biliteracy for my ESL students. Does anyone have a suggestion for the best way to go about this using the tools available in ilife? I'm thinking of using garageband to do the recordings, and then transferring them to cd, dvd, and possibly audiotape so that I can make sure the families can access the content. There also seem to be many additional things you could do with that software in this regard. I'd love to hear your ideas!

Thanks,
David

Tags: bilingual, ilife, mac, reading, spanish

Views: 10

Replies to This Discussion

The ideal would be to get a grant for an iPod for all of your ESL students. You can then use iLife 06 and the iPods to create some great content for the student. Your Apple Education representative would probably be happy to assist you in this project. Check out this site:

http://www.apple.com/education/products/ipod/podcasting.html

If that isn't feasible, you can use iLife 06 to create a podcast that could then be burned to CD or DVD and played on a computer that recognizes video CDs. This is done using Garageband and iWeb (part of iLife 06). Here's another site to check:

http://web.mac.com/ccochranm

If you would like further information from the creator of this site let me know and I will put you in touch with her.
Talking to the apple ed rep is a great idea. I would think that Imovie would be the idea place to start you could use a combination of video, photo and audio to make you ESL information more multimedia enriched then burn it using idvd. Also creating podcast is another way to accompish this project in Garageband. Anyway the built in camera and internal mic along with ILife 06 give you all the tools you will need to make it happen. Good Luck.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service