I completed my Intel Master teacher training in December of 2006. Unfortunately, I can not conduct a class this summer as I had envisioned due to the need to refresh the 1 to 1 laptop program we have conducted in Lyons, Kansas over the last three years. I have been communicating with vendors to purchase our old laptops and establish a technology refresher lease. Now that, we have the plans established and awaiting school board approval I need to plan how to successfully conduct an Intel course for the district.
I ask those of you that have conducted Intel level I or II courses during the school year to share your schedule and best methods of being successful. Please share what things went well and what items should be handled differently. I look forward to communicating with other Intel education master teachers.

Tags: Intel, education, integration, technology

Views: 40

Replies to This Discussion

I have taken the Intel Level I class (not taught it) and I am trying to get level II taught at my school this year. we met 2 saturdays from 9:00 to 1:00 and several classes after school from 4:00 to 6:00. I didn't have problems with this schedule. However, some teachers did because of young children, etc. If we get the level II taught at our school next year, we would hopefully be able to use some staff developement days or create professional leave days for the participants in the class. We can't offer it to the whole school because that would be too many teachers and we don't have enough computers, etc. ALso, the technology skills of our staff vary greatly.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service