Some websites I found that are helpful for an ESL classroom are:

www.pdictionary.com
www.storyit.com
www.schoolexpress.com
www.storyplace.org
www.wordpower.ws

When I asked an ESL teacher in the local school district (PSD), she told me that another very helpful way to use technology with monolingual students are books on tape and a tool called "Living Books" which is a series of DVD's with different stories and interactive games that have word puzzles, and other sentence structure-learning features. Mrs. Johnson also uses technology to locate a lot of the stories, dramatic activities, and language games that she uses in class. One story was based on learning the importance of diversity and is set up for each student to have a role and act out the story like a play. She also found a word game similar to tic-tac-toe only with words to build a sentence.

Views: 111

Replies to This Discussion

My colleagues and I created a website dedicated to helping teachers of ELLs meet their language and content needs. All of the references are on the net and so far, we have had 3000 visitors (30 countries).

Take a peak:)

Denise

www.ellteacherpros.com (our site)

www.teachingsuccesseswithells.blogspot.com
Greate sites and ideas. Thank you for sharing

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service