I am doing my student teaching in a school that does not use technology very much in the classroom. My room has 6 pc's for 29 4th/5th graders. The internet is accessible and fairly quick from these computers. I would like to introduce some technology to these students that will reinforce what they are learning and be fun. Does anyone have any ideas?

PS We do not have digi cameras or video cameras.

Tags: technology

Views: 18

Replies to This Discussion

I also figured out that the district that I am working in has blocked wikis and blogs but I am not sure which ones. The kids can wikipedia. any suggestions?
We, too, have 6 computers for aprox. 40 students, however, we also have the ability to sign up for space in the computer lab if necessary. This year I signed up for edublogs, which doesn't seem to be blocked. I am starting with a class blog and asking them to comment on general readings we do as a class, then move them off into discussing their individual reading books. If all goes well, edublogs also gives you the ability to create individual student blogs in which you can name yourself as the administrator. This gives you broader control over the blogs (I know, not always a good thing, but important when your students are young and perhaps for a teacher new to tech).
Check out my wiki that I did with 2nd and 3rd graders. I started with a page for each subject and had an ABC list down the page. They had to find words from their books that would go with that discipline. That's how I taught them the basics. Then the rest took off from there!

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service