Hi!  I almost have a cool thing going, but I need one problem solved.  Thought you'd be a good bunch to consult!  I am trying to incoporate a scenario where my kids create Algebra notebooks in MS OneNote and upload them to a doc library in SP 2010.  As the teacher, I can write notes on their work and the notebook updates automatically, which is great...allowing students to get feedback quickly and then revise their work.  My only problem is that in my view (I have chosen columns for "modified" and "Modified by") neither the time stamp nor the modified by fields change when I edit the notebook.  Only the original upload data continues to be shown.  This is preventing me from knowing which notebooks I have graded and which have been revised by students.  Do you know if there is a setting I might have missed?  Thanks for any help!

Views: 79

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Since that does not appear to work as I would expect, another option:

From the list view (screen shot attached)

1) Click Actions Menu

2) Click Export to Spreadsheet.  (You will need MS Excel to do this)

3) It will save/open in Excel, with links to the files, and empty columns, like F and after, where you can add a word or something to indicate you've gone through it.

Attachments:
Thanks, Daniel! That will show me what I've graded, but I am really trying to focus on my kids REDOING work and revising and reflecting to get better.  I can keep track of what I reviewed the first time, but I'm not sure how to know if they have reworked anything on the file after my comments.  I guess I could have yet another column they somehow check to indicate I should look at it again. hmmmm.  I wish the time stamp would just update!

Unfortunately, I'm using An earlier edition of sharepoint or I'd try it myself, because I would expect it to work that way.

However, you could also post the question on http://experts-exchange.com, which lets you ask a few free questions a month, and usually gets answered within 40 minutes.

Awesome!  I'll try it!  Thanks for the tip!

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service