I'm looking for examples of Internet safety lessons to do related to any of the following topics: identity and privacy, computer security, posting student work online, and plagiarism. Any examples of work that you would be willing to share would be much appreciated! Either comment here or send me an email directly at: wkist@kent.edu

Tags: plagiarism, privacy, safety

Views: 250

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

CyberSmart has some good and free curriuclum.
I think it is cybersmart.com and then click on curriculum by gradelevel.
I'll ditto the CyberSmart recommendation. In my opinion, it's the best of the bunch. It's NOT fear based, which causes kids to tune out many of the others.

They offer professional development as well. Very important that teachers can address these issues with confidence and not get all tangled up in embarrassment.
isafe has a ton of videos and free resources for teaching about the topics listed in your post. They also offer a free online certification program. Most of the videos are professional and informative. You can find the site at http://www.isafe.org.

Good Luck.

Jared
Our school has recently joined superclubsplus and part of what is expected of children is for them to complete a cyber safety activity and quiz. It has been well put together and it would be worth a few adults doing it as well.
http://www.getnetwise.org/ is an excellent resource. It has tips, tools, and measures to take on Kids' Safety, Spam, Security, and Privacy.

You can also visit our site www.kiwicommons.com for information, we provide news and Youth Web Safety articles and tips.

Good luck!
See www. cybersmart.org - it's NOT .com ;)

the free CyberSmart Curriculum www.cybersmart.org
Free to educators, the CyberSmart! Student Curriculum empowers K-12 students to use the Internet safely, responsibly, and effectively. Over 70 non-sequential standards based lessons
These assessments on Yacapaca have been well-reviewed by teachers. I think a few were surprised at how little their pupils actually knew about internet safety. I would be interested to know what C2.0 members think of them.
You can go right to the cybersmart curriculum - which they recently updated - by going to

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service