What attracts you most to the literature you provide for your students? Is it the genre, the illustrations or the text? Here are 5 things to consider:
1. Quality - select books for language learning needs that students will want to read and re-read!
2. Variety - topics and genres that interest students.
3. Choice of language - text that keep to the patterns of natural spoken English.
4. Rhyme, rhythm, repetition.
5. Illustrations - attract attention, support the text and promote vocabulary and prediction.
How do you choose your books?