Looking for 3rd grade class for Math collaboration project...

Hello! I am a tech coordinator for a Minnesota public school. I've recently helped a couple of our 3rd grade math teachers begin a weekly "MathCast" episode, using voicethread.com.

It's completely student-created (except the teacher takes the photos). We've had great fun producing these!

You can check them out here to get a feel for what we're doing...

I'd love to see us begin a collaborative project with students from, well, anywhere! It would be fun for our students to end their MathCast with a problem for YOUR students to solve. Your students could then log in and record their narration, giving the answer and an explanation of how they solved it.

Voicethread.com allows teachers to get the "pro" account for free! This account allows you to create up to 30 profiles with the same login. So, you could have a class login, and each student uses the same username/PW combo, but they can have their own profile for recording.

We don't go that far; I just have the students record in a single profile under my account, at least for now.

So, if you have any interest in this, please get in touch with me. It might be great fun!

Thanks,

Jesse

Views: 343

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm still having trouble just getting my account set up, (don't know why I can't get it figured out??) but when I figure it out, I'd love to jump in as well.
I checked out some of the voice threads an they are great. I would be interested in something like this for next year as well. Keep me in mind if you do it again! We don't start until the 2nd week of September though.
Thanks-
Kandice

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service