..crossposted from my blog
Out of sheer curiosity, I've added a poll to the sidebar of my blogger blog. This is one of the new features rolled out by "blogger in draft" . (Other features are: video upload from within the editor; a google search engine which can be set to search: your blog, your blog and sites you link to from within your posts, and the 'whole' web.)

The poll question "How Many Online IDs Do You Have", is one that my fake identities and myself have been asking on and off, since we read that "MySpace Hits 100 Million Accounts" in Mashable a year ago....

Obviously the poll is just a bit of fun . However, in my "real life" I am constantly surprised by the seeming contradiction between the statistics and how few of my acquaintances/colleagues/employers even know what social sites and web2.0 are. Could the statistics be based on the multiple IDs of users like myself? If so, what, if any, are the implications?

Tags: identity, poll, statistics, usage, web20

Views: 31

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would guess that there are many people who have multiple sites for a variety of reasons. It would be nice if there was some way to keep track of all the sites I have and which alias I used!
Ha! this is really funny to think about. I too continue to find that the majority of educators (and other adults) with whom I'm talking have NO CLUE about collaboration tools, or blogs/wikis. IF they've heard of them, they've never seen one. Only a tiny percentage actually host blogs/podcasts and the like. This (only a tiny percentage actually host) seems to be true even within the company I work, which is actually extremely tech savvy.

I confess that I do have a couple of IDs, but not too many--my poor brain can't handle that much. BUT, I do like how my multiple personalities have multiple, ever-decreasing ages! By the time my husband is ready to look for a younger woman, I'll BE that younger woman! :) lol

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service