I picked up Confessions of a Technology Leader - Understanding the Job of a Tec... by Antwon Lincoln at the CUE conference in Palm Springs earlier this year.

I'm beginning the school year in a new position as a technology leader onsite in a district where my position has never existed before. I'm only a few chapters into the book and already consider it an invaluable resource for career sanity :-) It is easy to read, to the point, and provides immediately actionable tips.

Anyone else read it and/or have suggestions for similar resources?

Views: 85

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just publish the second edition of the book Confessions of a Technology Leader: Understanding the Role of a Sit... and I would love to offer 20 copies to the Classroom 2.0 community for discussion at NO charge to the first 20 people who contact me through the Classroom 2.0 community.

You can also hear the Confessions of a Technology Leader Podcast if you click here.

Click to go to the website Web Site

Why am I doing this...
1. I want to contribute to the community.
2. I would like feedback from competent technology resource leader (Constructive Feedback Please).
3. Why not!

ABOUT THE BOOK
Written as a bible for site technology leaders, Confessions of a Technology Leader: Understanding the Job of a Site Technology Leader abundantly fulfills its mission. With each turn of the page, professionals whose day-to-day tasks involve the teaching and imbuing of technological knowledge will find the guidance they need to keep all the balls of their daily juggling act in the air. Penned by the Evangelist of Education Technology, with over a decade of experience as a school technology leader, Confessions author knows of what he speaks. In a casual, friendly and motivational tone, Antwon Lincoln shares his personal experiences in the site technology realm. Through his True Confessions, readers will feel like they are being spoken to one on one as a close confidante. From someone who s been there and done that, the book s bite-size, digestible nuggets of information competently guide site technology leaders to Take CTRL as Competent Technology Resource Leaders. By book s end, readers will be armed with all the tools they need to navigate their career s three-ring circus. The site technology leader will walk away from Confessions of a Technology Leader with the ability to effectively teach, support and lead technology users, regardless of whether they are reluctant passengers who are merely along for the ride or driver s-seat embracers.

Newly updated to enrich the user s involvement, the Web 2.0 Enhanced version of Confessions closes each chapter with podcast summaries and connected activities, rendering it a full on, workshop-in-a-book experience. Who would have thought that something so affordable and concise could help make thousands of dollars worth of hardware and software purchases pay off? And yet, that s precisely what Confessions of a Technology Leader accomplishes.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service