Since three years I work with my students on eTwinning: electronic partnerships between schools in Europe. This is an action started by the Eu-Commission. And it works very well. Have a look at www.etwinning.net
I´m an admin of project DigiSkills:
www.e-digiskills.eu
eTwinning e-digiskills
Our project have got the highest award: Quality Label for excellent project work!
There is a space in order to find partners around Europe.
Why should there not be a possibility to enlarge this action on a private way between schools in Europa and USA, Canada ...? I think about creating a Social Network on Ning about this topic.
Students with a special age could create webquests together, writing articles in e-journals, using blogs and wikis ....
What do think about? Please give me feedback.

Views: 73

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've been looking for spaces where I can connect students from around the world. Of course, there is ePals and iEarn but on first glance, I like what I see on e-digiskills and would be interested in expanding it to include the USA and Canada! The key to collaborative sites, I think, is to insure that it is more than just pen pals; that there is some deeper learning going on between students and e-digiskills looks promising. I'll spend some more time investigating it. Thanks for sharing!
I am very interested! My class is currently participating in "learning circles" through iEarn. It has been a fascinating project. Finding authentic, engaging experiences for my students is a top priority for me, particularly if it gives them the opportunity to collaborate with other students from around the world. Thanks, Diane!
Very interesting. I think this is a fabulous idea. There are capabilities for our students to be communicating and working with kids from other parts of the world. They should be! That situation is real life in the business world. They should have those experiences early.

I am a middle school literacy teacher in Minnesota, USA (6-8 grades, 11-14 year olds).

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service