Earlier this summer I was introduced to Trackstar as a platform for putting together webquests. In the past, I have relied on my district-sponsored website to build webquests, but I became discouraged with the notion that by doing so, the district "owned" the complete rights to them. For this reason and in conjunction of the "what if I change jobs later" possibility, I really like the idea of using a platform like Trackstar to house my webquests.

I understand that a wiki could be used to do the same thing. One feature that I do like about Trackstar above using a wiki is that even as a student explores the links, the webquest remains the frame on the screen.

My question is this: What other web-based webquest services are available for educators to use at no cost?

Views: 39

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi you might want to try http://www.instantprojects.org/webquest/main.php

I've also been playing around with the idea of using buzka.com in conjunction with google docs (I was thinking that the combination would be useful as a very simple form of cms,) it could be used to create a webquest
this is my trial cms to give you some idea of what I mean. http://iteachr.buzka.com/GoogleDocs_experiment
Thanks! These look good. I'll have to play around with them.
Hi, I also used instantprojects.org for German webquest as to Geography. But please note, that you need an extra email addresss for each new webquest.
This is good information Hans. I do like how with Trackstar, you need only one account. What I don't like about it is that webquests are assigned large numbers. I suppose that is easier than remembering a string of emails.
I wonder if the + gmail trick would work? OR if you have google for your domain you could set up a catchall mailbox, just enter nameofwebquest@yourdomain.com - it would be caught by your catchall, without the fuss of setting up a new email account each time.
Hey, thanks Susan. Always a step ahead!
Cheers
Hans

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service