I am somewhat new, (actually getting back into), IT. What books do you recommend. I am especially interested in Instructional books, books for elementary and any books with ideas for web 2.0 integration.

Also, what books would you recommend I stay away from?

I am considering a couple of books by David Warlick. I hate to buy tech books though because they go out of date so fast.

Thanks to anyone who responds...
Greg

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have two of Warlick's book--I've read most of Raw Materials for the Mind and I just received in yesterday's mail, Redefining Literacy for the 21st Century. You're right, about timeliness, but as a total newbie, I how found I need all the help I can get . . . Raw Materials provides some good basics about RSS feeds, searching strategies, etc. Thing may have change a little since its writing--but in most cases they've just gotten simpler. You might also want to check out book(s) by Will Richardson. I was in a couple of his sessions at the Building Learning Communities in Boston last week. I don't have his book, but he knows what he's talking about.

I hope this helps.

Kimberly
I second Will Richardson's book, Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, and Other Powerful Web Tools for Classrooms, I would also recommend I Found It on the Internet: Coming of Age Online by Frances Jaocbson Harris. She doesn't give lots of integration examples but it is a fascinating and informative read about our digital natives and how they learn.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service