Please introduce yourself, let us know a little bit about you, and where you are from.

Tags: introduce

Views: 25878

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Howdy you all! I am Jeff Murry from Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA. I just recently found this site. I will be teaching computer classes this year at Union Intermediate High School.
Hi all. Mark Clive here. I teach 2D and 3D animation, motion graphics, and visual effects at the University of Texas, Arlington. I'm always looking for new ways bring W2.0 into my classes. I look forward to collaborating with any of you, especially you teachers of art.
Hi mark
I would love to learn more about the work you are doing.
I am delving into claymation animation with upper elementary kids in Massachusetts but I am still looking for more pointers and info.
Kevin
Hi, everyone! I am Beth Burke from the US (Illinois). I was the Executive Director of ISTE affiliate ICE (Illinois Computing Educators) for the last 6 years, and I will be returning to a school district in the fall. I can't wait to get back to working directly with teachers and students. Thanks for setting this up, Steve!
Howdy, Beth! :) Nice to have you here.

Steve
Hiya. My name is Laurie Sullivan and I am an elementary school teacher in Arlington, Virginia. My classroom blog is http://www.apsva.us/schools/barrett/programs/pd. I am looking forward to interacting and learning with the 2.0 educators in this community. I posted my first blog entry on this site, so if you want to know more about my recent experiences, check it out. Laurie
I just moved to Denver from Philly in July '07. Love the mountains and its the reason I moved here. I came across this site and was eager to join because I've always wanted to work in web design. Only problem is I just don't know where to start. Hopefully this is the place to learn where.
Hi, all! 21 pages of introductions are a little daunting...but here's mine to add to the pile. After 5 years as Director of Online Learning at Gwinnett Technical College in Georgia, I moved last year to Richmond VA to join the Center for Teaching Excellence at Virginia Commonwealth University. My main role is faculty development, working with faculty to better use online tools and processes to enhance student learning. I look forward to interacting this community to stay on the cutting edge of online learning!
Adina Sullivan, teaching in San Marcos, CA (north San Diego county), USA. Have taught K, 3 and 4. This year, I'll teach a 3rd/4th combo class for part of the day and serve as the site technoloy integration mentor the other part of the day. Just finished a Masters degree in teaching with a technology integration focus and yet 2.0 was not really addressed. Trying to learn as I go. I'm thrilled that groups like this exist!
Interesting that 2.0 is not part of the Master's curriculum --but maybe that is a sign of how things are still shaking out in the world.
Welcome
Kevin
Thanks for the welcome Kevin.

I see the same issue when working with new student teachers. The curriculum and advice they are getting from professors is often 1 - 2 steps back. Guess it is a good thing that most teachers (at least the ones I work with) are willing to learn as they go.
I just finished my Masters in Educational Technology at Pepperdine [online] and Web 2.0 tools was a critical component of our program!!!

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service