Please introduce yourself, let us know a little bit about you, and where you are from.

Tags: introduce

Views: 23475

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wanted to add here....

If any of you teach science (middle to high school) or teach deaf & hard of hearing students, I would love to connect with you. My Twitter account is VSDBSciTeach. Please follow me so I can follow you. I would love to work together to build a PLN.

Thanks to Elizabeth Bonsignore for recommending I add my Twitter account here....
Hello everyone. My name is Laura Heller and I currently teach Biology, Human Anatomy & Physiology and AP Biology at Canton High Area School, Canton PA. I graduated from Millersville University in 2003 and headed back home looking for a teaching job. I live in Cogan Station but no one really knows where Cogan Station is so I normally tell people I am from Williamsport which is famous for being the home of Little League Baseball. Cogan Station is just 5 miles north of Williamsport.

The 2010-11 school year is going to be an experiment for me in some ways as I was able to get both my AP and Anatomy classes accredited through Keystone College as dual enrollment classes. My district has purchased Moodle and I will be integrating a lot of the course work for these classes into an online format. I'm afraid I'm going to have a lot of summer "homework" but I think it will make my life and my students life easier once the school year starts.

When I'm not busy teaching or taking classes, I enjoy spending time with my husband, horses and our yellow lab, Wilson. I also give riding lessons to a handful of kids and I'm involved in several local horse clubs. My big project every summer is organizing a series of 3 children's shows which have grown tremendously over the past four years and average 90-100 kids competing at each show. When not playing with horses, my husband and I enjoy snowmobiling, fishing and hiking and just about anything else that can be done outdoors.
Hi Everyone! My name is Monique Bredbenner and I am from Northeastern Pennsylvania. Currently I teach 6th grade science and social studies in a small public school located in Northampton County. I am looking to create an educational network of colleagues for both science and social studies.
Hi, I'm Stacey. I was born and raised and currently live in central Pennsylvania. Some people often refer to my location as being in the country while others just say I live in the middle of nowhere. I attended Penn State University for my undergraduate degree in Elementary Education. I'm currently attending Wilkes University pursuing a Master's in Instructional Media. I previously taught first grade in Harrisburg, PA and this is my first year teaching second grade in a very rural school which is part of the Midd-West School District. I really love teaching and I also have a love for photography. I worked for a photographer for a while when I was in high school and college. Now I take wedding pictures for friends and have fun taking senior pictures for those who don't want to go all out but want more of a professional touch compared to mom or dad. I'm married and have a two year old son who keeps me very busy. Life is good!
Hello!

My name is Brad Steigerwalt and I teach music at Northampton Area School District. My school is located outside of Allentown, PA. I teach most of the seventh and eighth grade general music classes, direct the Northampton Middle School Chorus and direct the Northampton Middle School Show Choir. I am a bit of a computer nerd, having grown up in the 80s. Our school does not have a MIDI lab, but I am hopeful that we will be able to invest in one in the future.

I look forward to working with you all, and hope that I can be a positive contributor to your Ning!
Welcome, Brad!

I, too, would like to see a MIDI lab in your school. Small world!

KP
Hello everybody,
Thank you for accepting me to your ccommunity. I am a teacher of English and very much interested in new ideas, new approaches, new technologies. It is useful for a teacher to keep updated, and belonging to a group of people with the same interests is a very important thing.
Hi, everyone. My name's Rafael Lanzetti, I teach Translation Studies at private universities in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Glad to become part of this community!
Hi! I'm Brian Woodruff. I am currently a second grade teacher at a small school district in Pennsylvania. I am very interested in finding ways to incorporate technology into my teaching. I am currently enrolled in the Wilkes University/Discovery Education Instructional Media graduate program.
Hello, My name is Ellen Zelinske and I am a first grade teacher in Reading, PA. I am enrolled in the Instructional Media program with Wilkes University/Discovery to earn a Master's degree. I enjoy learning about the latest technology and hope to gain lots of tools to use with my students in the classroom. This is my very first experience with Ning so I have a lot to learn.
I am a 7th grade Keyboarding and Computer Applications teacher from Mountain Top, PA who is currently away from the classroom to teach teachers how to infuse technology into their lessons to make them more interactive for the students using whiteboard technology and student response systems. I am hoping to gain information from the nings I have joined to get ideas for my teachers across various curriculums on using the Web 2.0 tools with the hardware and software installed in their classrooms.
Hello Rebecca, welcome to classroom 2.0.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2020   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service