Calling all Second Life avatars to participate in International MEXTESOL Conference in Leon: PLNs

RE: Calling all avatars to participate in International MEXTESOL Conference in Leon: PLNs

Dear PLN and Dear Avatar,

On Saturday, October 18, at 2:15PM SLT (4:15PM Mexico City/CST), I will be demonstrating Second Life for a TESOL (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages) International conference in Mexico.

There will only be about 15 minutes of participation to share what your PLN (Personal Learning Network) means to you and how Second Life aids you in your PLN and being a 21 century teacher. You can even throw in a little poetry if you life to break things up a bit.

So, if you have been looking for that small opportunity to jump into an SL session, please join us in showcasing the power and importance of PLNs. Educators in Mexico really need some insights and sharing in this area.

Don't have a Second Life avatar yet? This is a good time to start and begin networking with other avatars attending the session. Go to http://secondlife.com to set up your avatar and download the SL program to your PC or Mac. It is really fun and educational. See you in-world!

When: Saturday, October 18, 2008
Time: 2:15PM SLT (thats 4:15PM Mexico City time/CST).
SLURL: META Training Facility, Virtlantis Island
Focus Questions: What my PLN means to me and how SL helps develop it ... and to be a 21 century teacher

Thanks so much
Frank
(SL: Salty Saenz)

P.S. I have been assured that I will have an Internet ready salon at the event. In case something goes wrong and Salty is not present .. please just go ahead and take turns answering the focus questions for the benefit of the other avatars present. Hopefully I will be there to kick things off ....

Tags: META, MEXTESOL, Mexico, salty, secondlife

Views: 42

Reply to This

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service