The next step with my website is to turn all my powerpoints into embedded Google Docs presentations. I figure once I can do it myself then I can open them up to students. I just learned yesterday that you can upload your powerpoints directly into GDocs which allowed me to greatly accelerate the process.

That is, of course, until I hit the required snag.

GDocs seems to dynamically resize the presentation window depending on browser resolution. When I open my page in IE everything spaces out fairly well. When I open it in Chrome or Firefox the text sizing is all messed up which messes up line breaks and images.

Has anyone else had this problem? How did you deal with it? I hate to solve it by putting a "USE IE" button my page because frankly, the only time I use IE myself is when testing my site... If you want to see what I've done scroll to the bottom of this page http://mrroughton.com/darkages.aspx. I really want to make this work so suggestions/experience would be wonderful.

PS - I have another google doc posted to my site on the Panther Plan page and I made it from scratch (no import from PPT) and have not noticed ANY sizing issues with that one. Maybe the problem is using the import feature?

Tags: Docs, Google

Views: 26

Reply to This

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service