Can you have a 2.0 classroom with either
a) only one or two computers in the Classroom
or
b) a computer lab of 15-30 computers.

How does that work logistically?

Views: 35

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Given a choice I'd choose the one computer classroom. I teach second grade so I have twenty students. When rolling out any new program I teach 2-3 students to be the pioneers. I then let them play with the tools and check in on them now and then. Then I can have those students teach another student and the process repeats until everyone is using the program. I have not done blogging in podcasting in my classroom. However, I have had students create their own iMovies in this manner.
If teacher is determined then he/she will utilise the resources avail to the max ... for example, with only one computer the classroom, the class could skype another class, all students could create a blog and have their allotted time for writing their post, likewise emails, the computer can be used for multimedia viewing approp to the lesson content, students could work in groups for project work taking turns to do their research online. Other ideas, the computer used a 'reward' to play an educational game or whatever ...

With a lab, carefully planned lessons will maximise the use whether it's to crate a wiki, blog, podcast or other tool.
I have just one computer in my room with no access to a lab. This has severely limited what I can do in terms of 2.0 stuff. I do, however, have a class blog that I simply have students write on paper that I then post myself. They can access it from home as well to add comments.

Almost all the 2.0 stuff happens outside my class which has actually proved to be a blessing. My kids are constantly playing around on my site from home or the library by choice, not to earn anything other than the fun of doing so.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service