Dear friends,

I am writing a book on how to use Web 2.0 technologies with ESL students to enhance and support their learning. I am looking for teachers who are currently using any of the technologies below in the teaching of your subject (i.e., science, art, phys ed, math, social studies, etc.) and the effect of these technologies on ESL students in your classes. Here are some possible topics:

- Blogs
- Wikis
- Podcasts
- PhotoStory
- VoiceThreads
- Social Bookmarking
- Second Life
- YouTube/TeacherTube
- Facebook/MySpace
- Twitter

If chosen, I will ask you to write up a brief narrative about the
project/activity. Here are some questions that you might answer in your narrative:

- How was the technology used with your students (details, please!)
- What did the students produce/do with the technology?
- What instructional objectives and/or standards were met?
- How did you assess your students?
- How did the technology help your ELLs in particular?

Of great importance is your reflection and description of the project, your feelings/reactions, your students' feelings/reactions, etc. I am not looking for an academic paper - no citations! no research! I'm really interested in your story about using these technologies.

Benefit to you? Sharing your wonderful work with other teachers... and possibly being published!

Please contact me at lori@miscositas.com as soon as possible if you are interested in sharing!

THANKS!

-Lori

--
Lori Langer de Ramirez, Ed.D.
web: www.MisCositas.com
email: lori@miscositas.com

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You definately have to contact Larry Ferlazzo.
I was going to suggest same ...
Thanks! I sent Larry an email.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service