Hello everyone. As you can probably tell there are a few of us taking a distance ed course at Memorial University on computers in the curriculum. Our first assignment is to research the effectiveness of e-learning which has been quite a challenge.

I see definite merit in the use of technology in the classroom but not as replacing the classroom which seems to be a recurring theme in the literature. I see technology as just another tool in the teacher's toolbox to make sure the student learns something. It simply cannot replace the human factor that a classroom provides. As an adult learner, I find that I use technology because I am able to do my degree in my own home and during my spare time. However, in the lower grades, I don't see technology ever replacing the human factor. Children need to socially interact beyond email and text messaging. I see the dehumanization of learning as a huge factor in how to properly introduce technology in the classroom.

Comments?

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with you. The technology's not the thing. Good luck in your class. N

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service