As a language arts teacher, I really appreciate the lessons available to me at ReadWriteThink.org.

Does anyone know if there is a similar website dedicated to math?

Tags: math

Views: 257

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The website radicalmath.org has a lot of great math social justice lesson plans. They sometimes need a little tweaking for the grade level. It seems to me that math has more lessons that necessarily build on each other so it's harder to have a collection of math lessons that you could drop into any class.

I've also been able to find some stuff at curriki.org but there is more junk to wade through there.

Though they're not quite lesson plans, quizville.com and funbrain.com have good math activities/games that you could base a lesson around using either a computer lab or a computer connected to a projector.
Thank you David! I appreciate the links.
The math sister site to ReadWriteThink is Illuminations, which is based at NCTM. Thinkfinity is the umbrella that sponsors similar sites across the content areas. The Math Forum is another popular math resource site for educators.
Thanks! A friend suggested to me today that I check out the NCTM. Your reply is timely. :-)
Another great site for math--as far as being interactive for the kids would be the National Library of Virtual Manipulatives. Its one of my favorites to use with my projector.
You are looking for www,TheMathWebSite.com
Though it's not comparable to ReadWriteThink yet, MathWire has a lot of potential. The focus feature changes each month, but there is an archive that let's you access everything that has been presented to date.

MathWire
http://www.mathwire.com
Nice! Thank you. :-)
I was going to suggest Illuminations, but I see that has already been done.

Thanks for highlighting resources from ReadWriteThink. We are very proud of what we have to offer on the site! If you are interested, we pay educators in the field to publish lesson plans and share teaching ideas. Let me know if you would like more information.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service