Connecting with the Unconnected... it's going to be a challenge!

In response to a "call for presentations" for the k-12 Online Conference, I decided that a global project might be kind of fun to work through and then present on.

Over the next 5 months, I'm hoping to gather a diverse group of educators, students, and administrators from across the globe to investigate ways to develop 21st Century Skills in classrooms that have limited technology and internet access. I'm not sure of what the final outcome will be since I'm really hoping the group will direct the path (we'll be applying a Participatory Action Research methodology). I've seeded a few social web environments (links below) with more information about the inititiative (everything is pretty much a 'work in progress' right now) and I decided to create a 'group' in the Classroom 2.0 Ning to have discussions rather than start a new Ning.

So first, I'd like to invite you to the Ning Group - Connecting Within The Unconnected Classroom.

Secondly, I'd to ask for your assistance in finding those educators in situations with limited technology and connectivity. They will be an important part of the team but the hardest to connect with! I'm thinking that the following organizations and communities may provide a few team members:
-IEarn, Teachers Without Borders, and I'll be drilling down through Julie Lindsay's contacts here.

But if you know of any others, I'd greatly appreciate the contacts!

Sue
Connecting Within Unconnected Classrooms Main Project Site
Connecting Within Unconnected Classrooms Project Wiki
Connecting Within Unconnected Classrooms Project Diigo Site

Views: 31

Reply to This

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service