Call for help, creating a CC photo resource for K12 students

Navigating the ins and outs of copyright is difficult at the best of times, but even more so when you are a K12 student and the copyright information is in a foreign language.

Some friends and I have created a photo sharing Ning for use by K12 students in Israel. We are busily uploading any suitable photos we have, but obviously for a site like this to provide a real answer for students, we will need all the photos we can get.

If you have any photos that you would be willing to share under a CC share-alike, non commercial license or Public Domain - all you have to do is send by mail to
israpics@gmail.com

In the subject line write the title of the photo, in the content write any information you would like to appear with your photo eg: your name, website URL and license info, if it's not CC share alike non commercial 2.5

If you have photos of Israel, that would be an added bonus! :-)
If you read Hebrew and would like to join us - All the better!
If you know of an archive that it is legal to copy please add the URL in a reply here.

Thanks
Susan

I'm adding a screen shot of the site just so you get an idea of what I'm describing.

Tags: cc, copyright, photos, resource

Views: 173

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Saw this and posting on facebook too. So many photographers there!
Thanks Or-Tal!
I don't know of any resources where you can download and republish an entire directory of images, but here's a few where you can find images.

Flickr's Creative Commons
collection is good. You might also want to check out the Flickr Commons, which contains public domain images (technically "no known copyright restrictions").

WorldImages is under a CC-By-NC license, which should be compatible with your CC-NC-SA license.

Wikipedia provides a list of public domain image resources.
Hi Christy, thanks for the list.
this looks great!

also check out Pics4Learning. It's got thousands of photos and clip art free to use for schools and students, all categorized by themes. Most of them were shared by students and teachers, so they cover things that are really useful for reports, presentations, etc.
Hi Sylvia thanks! Pics4learning is an excellent resource, I could see it being used by EFL teachers, although they should be aware that work containing photos and graphics from the site can only be used within the school environment and cannot be published on the web.
I don't believe there is such a restriction for Pics4Learning. Here are the usage guidelines:

The Pics4Learning collection is intended to provide copyright friendly images for use by students and teachers in an educational setting. The original photographers of each image retain the copyright to these images and have graciously allowed their use in this collection. The images may not be sold as an image collection or partial image collection. Images in the Pics4Learning collection may be used by teachers and students in print, multimedia, and video productions. These could include, but are not limited to, school projects, contests, web pages, and fund raising activities for the express purpose of improving student educational opportunities.
Oops, I stand corrected, thanks for pointing that out.
Kathy, FlickrStorm is amazing! thanks

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service