I have a classroom of 24 student computers, and I will be installing GenevaLogic's Vision Software, so that I can direct instruction and monitor the students. Unfortunately, my district's technical people have put it back on me to prove that the software will work, but not screw up the network for the whole school.

Please, if anyone in this group has used this software, reply to this message, and I PROMISE that I'll only rely on your experience in an emergency. It also might be several weeks from now that I would need any help.

I'm out here on this limb all alone, and I know that the techs are just waiting for this project to fail, so that they can prevent any other new software from being installed on student computers.

Tags: computer, labs

Views: 126

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My tech people installed it in my lab this year. There were a few clitches at the beginning - but it didn't affect the school network - just didn't work exactly right (now it is). I wasn't involved in the process at all but I have a great working relationship with my tech people and I am sure they wouldn't mind answering a few questions here and there. Btw, Vision is great. I especially like using the DEMO mode which converts all screens to show my screen and after I am done demonstrating something (keep it short!) I release the demo and let 'em rip. I don't use the monitor feature as much as I thought I would. I'm too busy going from machine to machine helping kids to really sit and monitor - but when I have used it - it is effective.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service