Summer Institute - Computer-rich learning adventures for creative educators

There is a new opportunity this summer to take part in a four day institute especially for educators interested in using computers in creative ways in the classroom. It's called Constructing Modern Knowledge, hosted by Gary Stager.

I'm going to be part of the faculty, and I'm really excited and looking forward to the event. There are some amazing guest speakers (Alfie Kohn!), but mostly it's about learning and working together. The institute will model project-based, constructivist pedagogy in all the activities in a personalized, collaborative setting.

And there are some fun social events planned including a trip to Boston and a BBQ at a minor-league baseball game where the New Hampshire Fisher Cats will take on their arch-rivals, the Portland SeaDogs.

Check out the website, it's going to be a terrific event!

It's in Manchester, NH July 28-31. Hope some Classroom 2.0'rs can come! See ya there ;-)

Tags: CMK08, constructivist, institute, laptop, learn, pedagogy, summer, technology, workshop

Views: 55

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Sylvia,

Working on putting things in order so I can attend. Looking forward to it!

- Greg

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service