Has anyone had experience in leading or participating in a PD Learning group? Have you ever met with a group that has participated virtual through Skype conferencing or other online conferencing? What are some lessons learned in leading such groups?

Bill Gaskins

Tags: communities, development, learning, profession

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh! You have got to look at Darren Draper's Open Professional Development stuff. openpd.wikispaces.com. See the video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0qsdzxz0UM.

Cheers,

Steve
My father is a superintendent of schools in a school in Nebraska. I recently sat in on the last session of a 12 day two year leadership training program sponsored by McRel, based out of Denver Colorado. Even though I am in my first year of college I learned allot about the thoughts and views of some of the top educators and administrators in Nebraska. They were hand selected by Nebraska ESU board, the state board of education and McRel.

Throughout the one day I attended I learned several techniques and ideas that could not only be used for connecting with teachers but also used with children in the classroom. I also learned that the leadership in NE is more progressive then I thought, technology included. I hope to be able to attend these sorts of activities in the future.

A down side of the program was that at the beginning two years ago there were about 90 people who came for the first meeting. The last one only had 15. People are not as interested as I would have been.

I hope this was close to what you were referring to with your question.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service