Since I haven't seen a dedicated discussion around project-based learning pedagogy, I thought I'd start this. I often see people say they are doing project-based learning, but really they are simply doing amateur projects without feedback loops, modeling or best practice process. I also hear many PBL misconceptions from traditional teachers who oversimplify the approach and assume we through the baby out with the bath water.

Full disclosure here... I work with holistic PBL schools and am looking to share the good news of Project Foundry (a pbl management tool) with others. That being said, I am a former practitioner passionate about project-based learning because it engages students while teaching the relevant skills needed for the knowledge economy.

I've attached a document we use to discuss the elements of dynamic learning environments, which I hope is helpful and stimulates further discussion.

Also, I encourage all to visit our PBL survey at: http://www.pblhq.com/pblsurvey

Tags: capstone, foundry, learning, pbl, project, project-based, projects, senior

Views: 153

Attachments:

Reply to This

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service