I am working with New Visions for Public Schools in New York City to start a new small school themed around 21st century literacies, game design, and technology. We are funded by the MacArthur Foundation, as part of their Digital Media and Learning Initiative and are in the process of starting a national search for a principal to head up the Game School (scheduled to open fall 2009 with a 6th grade
class). I am attaching a pdf of the job description for anyone who might be interested or who might know a great candidate.

many thanks, katie

Tags: and, digital, foundation, game, learning, macarthur, media, school

Views: 37

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sweet, Katie! This looks incredible!

I hope some of your staff/students will soon be featured on Games That Teach History!

ed
Wow, what a great opportunity for students AND educators!

I don't have any candidates to recommend for the position, but is there somebody I might be able to speak with regarding a collaboration of sorts? Perhaps a director or chairperson? I'd love to get the word out about your school and its programs, and perhaps the students would like to participate in our technology-based competitions - it would be very easy for the teachers to implement them into their curriculum, and the students could put the skills they're taught to great use!

Please drop me a line, and best of luck with this endeavor!

KarmynL@studica.com

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service